Friday, August 7, 2009



Got car finally registered today. That's me in my apartment behind me. There is a working fireplace. I just need a reason to use it and some firewood which people seem to have plenty of in these parts (since there are so many trees). Now I just gotta find out what to do with my CA reg since they want me to register as "non functional" or "not in use" or something like that. Lines weren't bad at all. I'm used to the slow pathetic way smog operators in CA work. It usually took at least 20-25 minutes to do the smog check and do the paperworks afterwards. Also, I rarely was the only one in line (it happened maybe once), and there was always someone in front of me which made the wait even longer. I just drove up to the smog station in Tacoma (there was nobody in line) and it took no longer than a meal order at a drive thru would take to get my smog (maybe 3 minutes)! I paid my $15 (as opposed to $50-$60 in CA) and I was off on my merry way!

After that, I drove down to the vehicle licensing. There was only 1 person in line before me. Took the lady a couple minutes but I was in and out with plates in hand in less than 5 minutes. In CA they send you the plates in the mail which takes I dunno how long, at least for a new vehicle that is. Sure it's cloudy today, but I'll take the improvement in service and quality of life anyday of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment